INDIAN SUMMER SCENTS
Warm days and fresh nights, summer’s slowly coming to an end but still the weather’s playing extra time. Discover my favorite scents to wear during the Indian summer – whether you’re more of a gourmand or a floral kid, I bet you’ll find your gem here.
TWILLY D’HERMES BY HERMES
- The scent in 3 words: youthful – floral – fresh
- The notes : the head note is ginger ; the heart note is tuberose – the base note is sandalwood
- Why it is fab : The perfume is inspired by Hermes’ little Twilly scarves that are known for their joyful prints and lively colors
GIRL OF NOW BY ELIE SAAB
- The scent in 3 words : sweet – oriental – gourmand
- The notes : the head notes are mandarin orange, pear and pistachio ; the heart notes are orange blossom, almond (quite strong) and magnolia ; the base notes are patchouli, cashmeran (a musky note), tonic bean and almond milk.
- Why it is fab : The packaging is a real charmer! I had an immediate crush on the golden details and turquoise touches.
STAR MAGNOLIA BY JO MALONE
- The scent in 3 words : floral – elegant – light
- The notes : the head notes are lemon, ginger and shiso (a plant of the mint family); the heart notes are magnolia and neroli ; the base notes are amber and cedar.
- Why it is fab : While magnolia can be a rather overwhelming and sharp note, this Jo Malone fragrance manages to make it absolutely divine, plus that shies note brings on some freshness to this floral scent.
FLOWER MARKET BY MAISON MARGIELA
- The scent in 3 words : floral – girly – romantic
- The notes : the head notes are green leaven and freesia ; the heart notes are jasmines (sambac and egyptian), tuberose and rose ; the base notes are peach, cedar, oakmoss (forest evocative scent).
- Why it is fab : Coming as an addition to the brand’s Replica line, the Replica fragrances collection calls to mind at least one time or place that we’ve all loved – as it’s name indicates it, this one is all about fancy flower markets.
BECAUSE IT’S YOU BY GIORGIO ARMANI
- The scent in 3 words : sweet – fruity – girly
- The notes : the head notes are raspberry (quite strong), neroli and citrus ; the heart note is rose ; the base notes are vanilla, musk and amberwood.
- Why it is fab : « Because it’s You » is the feminine version of « Stronger with You » (Charles’ new fave fragrance) and a real must for all gourmand scents lovers.
DAHLIA DIVIN BY GIVENCHY
- The scent in 3 words : powdery – sexy – sweet
- The notes : the head notes are apricot and orange blossom ; the heart notes are jasmine sambac, osmanthus and rose ; the base notes are musk and white wood.
- Why it is fab : This Nude Eau de Parfum is a very subtile mix of fruit and flower notes, and it’s powdery side makes it perfect for the beginning of fall.
MY BURBERRY BLUSH BY BURBERRY
- The scent in 3 words : fruity – fresh – sensual
- The notes : the head notes are lemon and pomegranate ; the heart notes are rose, apple and geranium ; the base notes are jasmine and wisteria
- Why it is fab : From the whole My Burberry line, Blush is probably my favorite – fresher than the original MB and much lighter than Black.
Pictures : Charles Legrand
Sponsored products, non-sponsored content