WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU LEMONS
Can you feel it too? Summer’s in the air! I don’t know about you, but despite the lack of upcoming tropical travels I decided to make the most of these summer holidays and create a real chill vibe at home. Having a new appartement helps, but above all there is a thing the past 1,5 years have taught me: you have to live in the now and enjoy what life gives you day by day. As the proverb goes, if life gives you lemons, make a lemonade!
Talking about lemons, I decided to use mine for something fancier than a simple lemonade – using the new seasonal Nespresso’s coffee BARISTA CREATIONS Freddo Delicato, I recreated one of the brand’s original line signature recipes, the Provençal Freddo Delicato Lemonade (find the recipe below).
Now, what are the seasonal Nespresso’s BARISTA CREATIONS for Ice and what makes them the summer IT drinks? Basically, Nespresso’s range of BARISTA CREATIONS for Ice is made of coffees that have been expertly crafted to recreate iced coffee recipes at home.
This year we have three coffees in this seasonal range for Original system: Nespresso BARISTA CREATIONS Freddo Delicato (a refreshing blend with fruity notes) and Nespresso BARISTA CREATIONS Freddo Intenso (a bold and roasted taste) that are both part of the permanent/seasonal range, and BARISTA CREATIONS Coconut Flavour Over Ice which is a succulent exotic Limited Edition with yummy caramel notes. Definitely for those that like their coffees with a gourmand twist!
As promised, here comes the signature recipe of Nespresso’s Provençal Freddo Delicato Lemonade, get a shaker and a Nespresso View recipe glass (350ml) and recreate it at home 🙂
- 1 capsule of Nespresso BARISTA CREATIONS Freddo Delicato, Espresso (40 ml)
- 150 g ice cubes
- 1 tsp fresh or dried lavender
- 100 ml sparkling water
- 15 ml Vanilla Syrup
- 10 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1 fresh lemon slice
- sprig of fresh lavender (optional)
- Extract 40 ml of Nespresso BARISTA CREATIONS Freddo Delicato espresso over 1 tsp of fresh or dried lavender
- Let it infuse for 2 min. before straining it into a shaker and adding 1 ice cube (30 g)
- Seal the shaker and shake vigorously
- Add 4 ice cubes (30 g each) and a slice of lemon into your View recipe glass
- Pour in 15 ml of Vanilla Syrup and 10 ml of fresh lemon juice
- Pour in 100 ml of sparkling water and stir gently
- Pour in the cold coffee
- Garnish with a fresh spring of lavender