NESPRESSO X PIERRE HERME
Another year-end is upon us and now that I think of it – what a year it was! The return of travels, events and meetups. A come back for sure, but I’d say the whole vibe of such gatherings and opportunities changed a lot and we will never be able to take these for granted anymore. And that’s a good thing.
One of my highlights this year definitely was the trip to Paris I did with Nespresso Switzerland on the occasion go the brand’s collaboration with the world-renowned pastry chef and chocolatier Pierre Hermé. If you’ve been following me for some time you might know that I love my Parisian getaways, this city will always have a special place in my heart, so being able to spend a couple of days there in company of my 5-years partner coffee brand was a real privilege.
We got to attend a special gustatory workshop at the Rue de Rennes Nespresso boutique, meet the famous pastry chef Pierre Hermé, visit his office near l’Arc de Triomphe and at the same occasion try the new Nespresso x Pierre Hermé co-created coffees – these were not yet released so imagine the thrill!
Let’s talk about the coffees now: this Nespresso x Pierre Hermé Limited Edition collection is full of surprises! Not only we have three delicious coffees:
- Infiniment Double Espresso: a perfect black coffee with vibrant red fruit and smooth cereal notes
- Infiniment Gourmand, Saveur Noisette: the ultimate gourmand coffee! From the minute you brew it you can smell the delicious flavor of roasted hazelnut
- Infiniment Fruité, Saveur Framboise: a raspberry flavored coffee – my absolute favorite from the line, I adore it as the fruity flavor is very delicate and don’t overpower the coffee taste
But the collection is also completed by some delicious Infiniment Savoureux Raspberry Cinnamon Biscuits, some Infiniment Exquis 70% Timur Berries Dark Chocolate and a Café Noble Scented Candle – all perfect for gifting during this festive season, don’t you think?
A collaboration that is, in my humble opinion, a real success as it assembles the best of both parties : Nespresso’s coffee savoir-faire, and Pierre Hermé’s unique understanding of flavors.
Curious to hear your thoughts on these limited editions, and if you’re interested in experimenting a bit, here is the Double Espresso Macchiato Lime & Basil, façon crème brûlée signature coffee recipe Nespresso | Pierre Hermé I learned in Paris during the gustatory workshop:
1. Pour 100 ml of 1.5% flat milk into the Nespresso Barista device or an Aeroccino 4. Close the lid, select the “Cappuccino” recipe and press the START button
2. Brew 80 ml of the coffee Infiniment Double Espresso into a Vertuo double espresso cup.
3. With a non-metallic spoon, display some hot milk foam on top of the coffee.
4. Sprinkle 3 grams of brown sugar over it and use a burner to caramelise it in the style of a crème brûlée.
5. Grate non-treated fresh lime peel over the foam and top with fresh basil as a garnish